This is my go-to recipe for a hot day! Use it as a refreshing treat. Be careful though because this recipe is high in calories and thus should be considered more of a meal replacement if you choose to use the whole thing!
Nutrition Benefit Snapshot:
- Kale - kale is king! It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They help your body deal with stress, can help you lose weight, lower cholesterol and reduce heart disease. More on the benefits of kale here!
- Spinach - Also great for the eyes. Spinach is packed with Vitamin K, A, C, and Iron. Iron plays a key role in the red blood cells and this helps with improved the quality of your blood, boosts your energy and vitality.
- Coconut Water - Contains more potassium than FOUR bananas, packed with electrolytes, low in sugar, and low in calories. Great alternative to sugar laden sports drinks!
- Flax seeds - high in heart healthy omega 3s, lignans that support the immune system, and fiber for easy digestion.
- E3 Live Blue-Green Algae - all organic nutrient dense SUPERFOOD! Contains over 65 vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and essential fatty acids! Restores biochemical balance in the body, faster recovery time, healthy immune system, boosts your beauty, supports your hair, skin, and nails health, and helps the body cope with stress.
- Chia seeds - strengthens bones, good source of protein, helps you stay full thus promotes weight loss, helps fight free radicals and prevent aging.
- Maca Powder - increase stamina and energy, relieves stress, boosts your mood, good source of plant protein. This is a great alternative to energy drinks or protein powder.
- Camu Powder - contains 60 times the amount of vitamin C as an orange this is my go to ingredients when I am feeling run down or stressed. It is great for the immune system! Helps support the body from the inside out by strengthening your hair, skin, and nails.
Green Goodness Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 handful kale
- 4 oz coconut water, add more if needed
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 3/4 banana (rest for toppings)
- 1 handful ice cubes
- 1 oz E3 Live - blue green algae
- 1 Tbsp flax seed
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 1 tsp Camu powder
- banana slices
- sliced almonds
- Manuka honey
- gluten free granola
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. It will be thick. Thick is best for smoothie bowls, this way it can be eaten with a spoon.
- Place in your favorite bowl or mason jar
- Top with the toppings I listed or toppings of your choice and enjoy!